Attracting customers is just the first step in your marketing funnel. What you need to do next is to convert them into paying customers.
After the attract phase, don’t assume that your lead will buy your product or service once they are aware of your offerings. While this is possible to happen, it is not always the case. You still need to chase and win your customers. And this happens during the CONVERT phase.
Understanding the importance of the convert phase is very critical to ensure that you will end up with a paying customer. And to be able to do that, here is an effective strategy that you need to do.
The ENTRY-LEVEL offer
An entry level offer is offering your potential customer your low-cost products/services or a deal they can’t resist, to initiate buying relationship.
For example, if you are a health and wellness company, you may offer your customer a $11 ebook about a topic that your readers are interested.
To be successful with your entry level offer, there are two things that you need to keep in mind.
1. Make your offer very valuable. Overdeliver and exceed your customer’s expectations. This is your customer’s first buying experience with you, that is why, it needs to be memorable.
2. Make your offer irresistibly low. You have to understand that your potential customer is still in doubt if he/she will buy your product. So to break that doubt and build trust, you need to make your product very accessible to them like offering it at a lower price. However, just be careful in doing this. You might make your product look cheap. Just make sure to point out that at this stage, they are getting a very valuable service at a cheaper cost.
The goal is to convert potential customers into paying customers and make them love your product/services so they will spread the word about what your business does. That is why, you are offering your product at a lower cost. You can offset your cost once you have successfully converted your lead into a paying customer.
The CORE offer
At this stage, you should be able to break the doubt barriers and build trust with your newly converted customer. You are now ready to cultivate meaningful relationship with them to prepare them to take bigger steps by investing more on your product.
In order to do that, you should be able to solve your audience’s pain points. Your product or service should provide solutions to their problems. It should improve your customer’s life.
Here’s how it will look like.
- Starting with the attract phase, a lead decided to download your free ebook on health and wellness.
- He/she finds it helpful and was encouraged to take your entry-level offer of free short consultation.
- After the free consultation, he/she decided to try your services by booking a health and wellness training program with your company.
That’s how you successfully convert a prospect into a paying customer.
If you need help with the conversion phase, feel free to get in touch with us so we can help you!