Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Many times in life we have preconceived ideas of how God is supposed to work. We try to put God in a box by telling Him what to do, how to do it, when to do it and who to use. Yet the Bible reminds us that God’s ways are not always our ways. God’s thoughts are not always our thoughts. As high as the heavens are above the earth, so are God’s thoughts and ways higher than ours. Paul tells us that God is able to do ‘exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think.’ (Eph 3:20) When we try to make God do everything ‘our…
View original post 473 more words
Before putting your recently finished book down and telling it on Facebook, here are some tips to do after devouring a book. Bona petit!
- Catch the lesson it is driving- not just knowing the theme of the book but what additional wisdom can it give us and put us in action.
- Think of someone who will benefit in reading it- if it really made a great impression to you why not share it to someone and make an impact to that person’s life.
- Put it in your giveaway list- keep it on the list so when a friend’s birthday, Christmas or any occasion will come, it will be a great gift.
- Promote it- write a book review; post in on Facebook or Twitter make some noise about this newly read book.
- Re-read it- if you won’t get the lessons of the book or some parts still doesn’t sink in, re-reading…
View original post 15 more words
Some times, ok, many times, I need to be reminded to fan the flame. So the reminder comes. It is now. The Spirit of God gives us power. This is the same Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. Why be timid? No reason at all.
I just need to fan the flame. The Spirit is in me. It is in us. No need to be timid at all.
For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:6 TNIV Bible
29 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.
Proverbs 4:29-31, NIV
- Believe! (tannngl.wordpress.com)